Saturday, April 3, 2010

Meditation - Raising the Magick

Here is an exercise that I found, and I really liked it.

1. Find a room you can make dark.

2. Find a candle you feel represents you - a favorite color, or one that feels good when you hold it.  I chose white because I felt that it was like a blank page that I could write on.

3.  Take the candle and sit comfortable on the floor.
 - Clear your mind, relax your breathing

4.  When you are relaxed, think about your past and your present.  Who you are as a person.  How you feel, how you think, what problems you have.  What you truly love.  Think these things into the candle.

I pictured an electrical current running from me into the candle I held in my hands.  You could also picture a jet air stream flowing from you into the candle.  Whatever works for you.

5.  When you feel you've put enough of your energy into the candle, place it in a holder on an altar.  Light the candle.

6.  Now turn off the lights, close curtains, make the room dark.

The dark room represents the clarity of emptiness - the candle represents all that you are.

7.  Sit on the ground in front of your altar and the burning flame.

Visualize the Magick energy in the candle (the essence of you) being released into the emptiness and darkness all around you.

8.  Close your eyes and feel your energy filling the room - starting from the floor, up the walls, to the ceiling.  Feel the warmth building in the room.

9.  In your thoughts, bring an idea of complete belief in yourself and the energy building up in the room. Put aside any bad things that have happened to you in the past - if they pop up, quietly acknowledge them and cast them aside.

Grab hold of everything good in your life - everything that is possible with the powers you were born with.  Believe in everything your heart tells you.

10.  Continue to focus on this belief in yourself and your magick.  Build up the belief until you forget you ever had a doubt.  Admit you ARE special and filled with Magick... just as much as any other person on earth.

11.  Open your eyes. look around, take 3 deep breaths in, and snuff out the candle.


I loved doing this meditation.  I visualized putting my energy into the candle.  As the candle burned, and the room filled with magick, I could feel my entire body tingle.  I have felt this tingling before during meditations, especially in my hands, but this was everywhere and very strong.  It was like feeling each beat of my heart in every pore of my skin.  A pulsing energy.  When I opened my eyes, I pictured myself breathing in the magick that filled the room and sent any excess energy back to the earth and sky.   I left feeling very upbeat and relaxed, all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment